vrijdag 8 mei 2009

p.s.: The right names were I was in India

Dear All,

I just saw the map of India and a smaller map of Kashmir in a pile and I did not mention the names rightly and for those who would like to know, I will give the names.

I started in Bhutan, not a part of India, north-east from India and Nepal.
After that we went into India: Assam district, we followed the river to the east and went later back to Guwahati and flew to New Delhi. New Delhi is in the north of India.
The group went home and I flew over to Mumbai/Bombay: on the west coast at the middle of India, in the district Maharashtra. After Mumbai we flew more south inland to Bangalore in the district Karnataka. Puttaparthi were I was several weeks is a 3 hours drive to the north from Bangalore in de district Andhra Pradesh also inland.
From Bangalore we flew more to the south to Thrivandrum (now: Thiruvananthapuram) and were near to the coast. Later we hired appartment on the beach in Varkkala, very near the most south point of India. Thrivandrumk and Varkkala are in district Kerala: southwest coast.
On the end of my first trip we flew to Panaji, the main city of Goa, a very small state on the west coast. And on the end, back to Mumbai and Zurich and Amsterdam.

MY second trip was via Brussel - Zurich - Delhi - Bangalore. First to Puttaparthi. After one week by train to Coimbatore in a more southern/east state Tamil Nadu. From Coimbatore with a taxi to Coonoormore north in the mountains, stil in Tamil Nadu.. Later back to Putti and a flight from Bangalore to Delhi and further to Srinagar: capital city in the summer for Jammu and Kashmir state/district.
In Kashmir I have visited: Gulmarg: a village high in the mountains with gondola's (Swiss made) to snow mountains up to 3600 m. Yusmarg we visited is a beautiful valley between mountains and rivers and a artificial lake with a huge forest on the hills. Gulmarg and Yusmarg are on the west of Srinagar.
And Pahalgam on the eastside. A lovely valley with mountains all around. This is the place were I made a small movie you can see at the former taxt.
Because the roads are very bad everywhere in Kashmir the trips take a long time. But there is a lot of work going on on the roads.

Whenever you like to visit Kashmir, you can always contact me for information, please do.

Bye, Ellen

Geen opmerkingen: